Welcome to The Saginaw County Fair Website.
Thanks for a great fair ! Monday Aug 11th 2014 12:00am
The Saginaw County Fair would like to thank all of you that came out to make this years fair a great one and a record breaker for the Chesaning fairgrounds. Dispite the constant threat of rain we had over 23,000 visitors to the fair this year with a record breaking Saturday attendance of over 7,000.
Again thanks to all those that attended, exhibited and volunteered.
Michigan Association of Fairs and Exhibitions Scholarship Saturday Jul 19th 2014 12:00am
The MAFE has scholarships those involved with the fair for three years or more. 2015 MAFE Scholarship applications are due October 1, 2014.
- Applicant must have submitted an application for or be currently enrolled in an institution of advance learning such as a college, university or trade school.
- Applicant may apply each year he or she is enrolled in the Institution, but shall not be eligible to receive a scholarship more than 6 years. Preference for awarding of scholarship each year will be to first-time applicants.
- Application period is September 1 through October 31 each year.
- Each year five (5) scholarships of $1000 each may be awarded.
- Scholarships winners will be announced at the Annual MAFE Convention.
- The scholarship can be used for any and all expenses related to the applicants' continued education.
- The full amount of the scholarship must be claimed bySeptember 1 of the following year which the scholarship is awarded.
- The applicant must be involved in MAFE and related industry for the prior 3 years.
Click Here for Procedures, Guidelines, and Application. You can also download this document from the MAFE website,michiganfairs.org under "Documents and Forms".
2014 Urban Youth Agriculture Scholarship Programs Saturday Jul 19th 2014 12:00am
The new Urban and Rural Agricultural Youth Scholarship Program of the Fifth Third Bank Michigan State Fair is planting seeds in schools and community organizations across Michigan. This new scholarship initiative debuted in Summer 2013 with support from the Detroit Metropolitan Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Detroit Shriners organization, aimed at nurturing interest in growing fresh local food in communities across the state.
Urban Farming Initiatives across the state are serving as an important boost in helping cities reclaim blighted areas and begin to thrive. Beyond growing fresh food for neighborhoods, they also assist with connecting the youngsters involved to greater appreciation and understanding of seasonal cycles, food sources and the earth. All of the 2013 scholarship winners conveyed the positive learning aspect of their growing experience.
FEES: No entry fee
RULES: Youth Exhibitor: K-12th Grade. Youth must be five (5) years of age, but not over twenty (20) years of age as of January 1 of the current year. Date of birth must be on entry form. Open to Michigan youth only.
Scholarship Entry Criteria:
- Must be from an Urban Area (30K population or higher).
- Proof of farming work (letter from parent or other adult who confirms youth exhibitor's involvement and recommends their work).
- Photographs of youth exhibitor actively gardening, which may be used for State Fair and Scholarship program promotional purposes
- One to two page essay regarding the applicants experience with agriculture and its relationship and importance to the broader community.
- Harvested items or photographs of items.
Saginaw County Fair 2014 Friday Jun 27th 2014 12:00am
101st Fair – July 29, 30, 31 August 1, 2 (Download the Flyer)
Tour the grounds of the Saginaw County Fair and feel the excitement of over one hundred years of planning coming to fruition. Whatever your fancy, whether its young people lovingly showing their animals, exploring the big exhibit hall with its youth and adult still entries, displays both inside and outside, the enticing aroma of midway food, the exciting grandstand shows hired with you in mind and the “can’t be missed” carnival rides that you can ride over and over.
For just a $10.00 per person entrance fee you get parking, all exhibits, unlimited rides, and the grandstand show.
Veterans are free all day on Tuesday with ID, senior citizens and grandparents are $7.00 on Wednesday until 5:00 PM and toddlers (2-5) are $7.00 until 5:00 PM on Thursday.
See you at the Saginaw County Fair! 989.845.2143.
Mega Passes Available Thursday May 1st 2014 12:00am
Mega passes are in and at just $35 its a bargin providing entrance to the fair for all 5 days. This includes exhibits, rides and grandstand events. A great gift idea Mega Passes are available at the fair office (989.845.2143). The office is open from 9am to 2pm Monday through Thursday. You may also puchase by mail with this form. Allow two weeks for delivery. Mail Orders will not be accepted after July 15th.